- Best suited for all classes of persons.
- Running account.
- Cheques, Drafts, Interest Warrants, Dividend warrants etc.., in Indian rupees and foreign currencies in the personal names of the depositors can be collected and credited to these accounts.
- Liberal withdrawal facilities.
- No Income Tax deduction at source on interest.
- Standing instructions for remittances of insurance premium, rent and similar payments carried out.
- Minors above 10 years can open and operate the account.
- Quarterly Average Minimum Balance to be maintained in SB accounts is Rs.1000/- with Cheque Book facility and Rs.500/- without Cheque Book facility